Reciprocal Packet Information
*All reciprocal applicants must meet with the Board no later than one month prior to the exam*
Criteria for applying for a Reciprocal License with the Commonwealth of Kentucky follows:
- Have your current state of licensure complete the certification form.
- Have an Associate Degree in Mortuary Science from an accredited school.
- Meet with the Board members at a regular Board meeting for approval to take the exams. You will explain why you want and/or need a Kentucky license.
- Complete all applications this includes reciprocal applications and exam applications. The fee for a reciprocal exam is $125.00 per license exam.
- Provide a certified copy of your mortuary school transcript.
- Have taken the National Boards you must provide a certified copy of your scores.
- All paper work and fees are due in the Board office by:
- A passing grade of 75% on each exam is required.
Please do not hesitate to call the Board office at (502) 426-4589 for any additional questions you might have pertaining to reciprocity.Download the Reciprocal Form
The Kentucky Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors will provide reasonable modification in the administration of all licensure exams for qualified individuals with disabilities. The qualified individual with a disability shall submit, to the Board, documentation from an appropriate professional verifying limitations imposed by his/her disability. The individual with the disability shall request the effective modification.