New applicants applying for an Apprenticeship are now required to submit an FBI Check. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
- Scroll down under the heading
How To Submit A Request to enter your email address and begin the process. A notification will appear to prompt you to your email for further instructions.
- A personal PIN will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Once the email with the personal pin is received, the following link will appear along with
here to access your request.
- Select click
here to proceed.
- You will be returned to the FBI site.
- A message about security will appear and require you to click on
- A warning will appear and you will be prompted to enter your
- Enter your personal information.
- When asked for
Reason for Request select
Step 3 Preferences answer:
YES to date of birth on report;
YES to receive status notification via email;
YES you want a hard-copy mailed to you;
- Information regarding fingerprint card will appear; click
- You will be prompted to Pay.gov to complete payment process of $18.00.
We strongly recommend you get fingerprints done at local law enforcement agency (police station, sheriff office, etc.).
Submit fingerprints to:
FBI CJIS DivisionATTN: ELECTRONIC SUMMARY REQUEST1000 Custer Hollow Road Clarksburg, WV 26306
The report will be mailed to directly to the address you provide.
The original hard copy
MUST accompany your KREFD apprentice license application.
This process typically can be completed in 1 week if done correctly.