New Establishment Information
To open a new establishment, the following process will apply (please read the entire page before beginning this process):
KRS 316.125 and
201 KAR 15:110, OSHA regulations, and the FTC Funeral Rule to ensure your establishment meets all statutes and regulations.
- Complete the
New Establishment application and send the original copy to the Board office.
- Once your establishment is ready, contact the Board office to be referred for a new establishment inspection.
The inspector will contact you to schedule the inspection of the new establishment.
- Please do not request an inspection unless the new establishment has appropriate square footage and equipment according to the above named statutes and regulations
Once the establishment has been inspected and all paperwork is complete, the establishment will be placed on the agenda for the appropriate board meeting.
You will receive a letter with the appointment time, date, and location of the board meeting in which your establishment application will be presented.
- Check agenda deadlines for the meeting for which you are interested in attending.
The owner and manager(s) must attend the board meeting.
: Any document changes submitted after the initial paperwork has been received may incur a processing fee according to
201 KAR 15:030(8)
To renew an establishment, follow the steps below:
- Contact the Board office for system approval
- Log in with the establishment license number and last 4 digits of the registered phone number
- One establishment can be paid for at a time.
- You will be able to download a temporary license card after payment.
The establishment will not be eligible to be renewed online if:
- The establishment is more than one year late to renew
Online Establishment Renewal
If you are not able to renew the establishment online you must complete a paper renewal and send it with your renewal and late fees, $25 processing fee according to
201 KAR 15:030(7), and any required documents.