Any person employed by a full-service funeral establishment
or an embalming service establishment, except a common carrier engaged in
interstate commerce, the Commonwealth and its’ agencies, or an emergency
medical services provider duly certified or licensed pursuant to KRS Chapter
311A, who wants to engage in the business of surface transportation or removal
of dead human bodies in the Commonwealth shall apply for, and may be granted, a
permit from the board.
The bill was proposed in
the 2019 Regular Legislative session. It
was legislatively approved and signed by Governor Matt Bevin on March 26, 2019.
Applications can be
downloaded from the KBEFD website on the forms page. Please send the completed application packet
to the board office.
Classes will be limited to the first 20
completed applications. Then applicants
will be scheduled for the following months on a first come, first serve basis.
Application - $150
- Submit 45 days prior to testing
- Complete Application
- FBI Background
- 2 passport
- Copy of valid
- Proof of
insurance for approved vehicle
- Office processes application and makes recommendation to
- Board votes on recommendations
- Scheduled for course and exam
Course/Test - $75
- Attend 4 hour course
- Pass Course Exam
- Note exam will include highlights of OSHA course.
- License/ID issued
- Application Packet submitted (45 days prior to course)
- Application processed; Applicant notified (15 days prior to course)
- Course attended; Exam taken (10 days post course license received)
(Forms, Transport License Application)
FBI Background Checks: www.edo.cjis.gov
(scroll down to How to Submit a Request)
OSHA Certification Online: (one option) https://www.redcross.org/take-a-class/classes/bloodborne-pathogens-training-online/05447631.html
License expires 1 year from the issue date. If you renew before the expiration date there
is just a renewal fee. Renewals will be
online. If there is a lapse it will be
treated as a new applicant.